1Life Suicide Helpline
Phone: Helpline 1800 24 7 100
provides confidential professional counselling 24/7 for those at risk of self-harm.
Adults abused as children.
Phone: FreeFone 1800 235 234
HSE National Counselling Service for.
1 Willie Bermingham Place,
Phone: (01) 679 1032
A voluntary organization helping elderly people living alone in Dublin.
72 Lr. Leeson St., Dublin 2
Phone: LoCall 1890 303 302, 10 am to 10 pm, seven days a week.
(01) 661 7211
(01) 676 6166
Helps defeat depression through support groups, education, and research through six nationwide offices.
Supports men who suffer from mental distress, depression, anxiety, or suicidal thoughts.
Buzzardstown Campus, Mulhuddart, Dublin 15
Phone: (087) 798 5200
The mission of Friendly Call is to develop, deliver and oversee the provision of a professional, quality, friendly, confidential, good neighbour and health care service, offering a range of health and social support to older people and to all adults who may feel vulnerable or alone.
Friends of the Elderly
25 Bolton St., Dublin 1
Phone: (01) 873 1855
National Office, Apt. 6, Forrest Mews, Forrest Road, Swords, Co. Dublin
Phone: LoCall 1890 474 474
(01) 840 8236
A mental health support organization with 130 regional branches.
Rehab, Roslyn Park, Beach Road, Sandymount, Dublin 4
Phone: (01) 205 7200
APC Building, Southern Cross Business Park, Boghall Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow
Phone: (01) 201 4473
Operates a free telephone support line for the elderly.
HSE Senior Help Line
National Office, Third Age Centre, Summerhill, Co. Meath.
Phone: Locall 1850 440 444
A confidential listening service by and for older people.
Men’s Education Initiative
Development Worker, Mevagh Resource Centre, Downings, Co. Donegal.
Phone: (074) 915 5055
visits men in isolated rural areas of Donegal and keeps in touch with them.
112 Marlborough St., Dublin 1
Phone: LoCall helpline 1890 301 320
Callsave 1850 609 090
offer a 24 hour confidential phoneline service to befriend the anxious, depressed or suicidal.
Assistance of various kinds is available from the following: -
- 1Life provides counselling 24/7 for those at risk of self-harm. Helpline 1800 247 100.
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), developed by a Canadian-based group called Living Works (www.livingworks.net), is available through the Health Service Executive. It is designed to help people become more ready, willing, and able to help those at risk of suicide.
- Console is a service of the Bereaved by Suicide Foundation. FreeFone 1800 201 890. Web: www.console.ie Email: firstname.lastname@example.org It has branches in Dublin, Galway, Limerick, and Waterford.
- Headsup is linked to Rehab, and is orientated to teenagersí mental or emotional health issues. Text headsup to 50424.
- Irish Association of Suicidology is a forum for individuals and voluntary groups involved in any aspect of suicidology for the exchange of knowledge gained from differing perspectives and experiences. Serpentine Business Centre, PO Box 11634, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Tel. (01) 667 4900. Email: email@example.com Web: www.ias.ie
- Living Links supports those bereaved by suicide. Web: www.livinglinks.ie Mobile: (087) 412 2052.
- National Office of Suicide Prevention: www.nosp.ie
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline 24/7: FreeFone 1800 247 100. Web: www.1life.ie
- National Suicide Research Foundation. Web: www.nosp.ie
- Reach Out: gives information on stress, anxiety, bullying, depression and suicide. Web: www.reachout.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samaritans: Callsave: 1850 609 090. LoCall Helpline 1890 301 320.
- Traveller Suicide Prevention, National Office. Tel. (01) 838 8874. Web: www.ptrav.ie Email: email@example.com
- Turning The Tide on suicide (3Tís): 24/7 FreeFone 1800 247 100.
- Youth Suicide: Web: www.letsomeoneknow.ie
- Youth Suicide Prevention Ireland, Atrium Business Centre, Blackpool Retail Park, Blackpool, Cork City, aims to provide 24 hour access to trained counsellors for young people at risk of self-harm or suicide. Tel.(021) 242 7171; Fax (021) 238 0163. Dublin: 13 North King St., Dublin 7. Tel. (01) 524 0854Web: www.yspi.eu Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Text YOUTH to 087 773 0000 for an information pack to be sent to a mobile phone.