Youth – Suicide
1Life Suicide Helpline
Phone: Helpline 1800 24 7 100
provides confidential professional counselling 24/7 for those at risk of self-harm.
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training was developed by a Canadian-based group called Living Works (see www.livingworks.net)It is available through the Health Service Executive, and is designed to help people become more ready, willing, and able to help those at risk of suicide.
Bereaved by Suicide Foundation (Console)
Phone: FreeFone 1800 201 890
16 Westland Square
Phone: (01) 472 7010; 472 7040.
Headstrong’s service development programme Jigsaw, brings community services and supports together around young people in order to better meet their mental health needs.
Headstrong also engages in advocacy, research and evaluation.
Phone: Dublin: Lorna Powell, Catherine McGowan (01) 886 7622, or Gillian O’ Brien (01)866 7623;
Galway: Marie (091) 549 252
Roscommon: Tommy Brogan (090) 663 0252
Community youth mental health initiative.
a web-based service that inspires young people to help themselves through tough times. Its aim is to improve young peopleís mental health and well-being by building skills and providing information, support, and referrals in ways that work for young people.
Assistance of various kinds is available from the following: -
- 1Life provides counselling 24/7 for those at risk of self-harm. Helpline 1800 247 100.
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), developed by a Canadian-based group called Living Works (www.livingworks.net), is available through the Health Service Executive. It is designed to help people become more ready, willing, and able to help those at risk of suicide.
- Console is a service of the Bereaved by Suicide Foundation. FreeFone 1800 201 890. Web: www.console.ie Email: email@example.com It has branches in Dublin, Galway, Limerick, and Waterford.
- Headsup is linked to Rehab, and is orientated to teenagersí mental or emotional health issues. Text headsup to 50424.
- Irish Association of Suicidology is a forum for individuals and voluntary groups involved in any aspect of suicidology for the exchange of knowledge gained from differing perspectives and experiences. Serpentine Business Centre, PO Box 11634, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Tel. (01) 667 4900. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.ias.ie
- Living Links supports those bereaved by suicide. Web: www.livinglinks.ie Mobile: (087) 412 2052.
- National Office of Suicide Prevention: www.nosp.ie
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline 24/7: FreeFone 1800 247 100. Web: www.1life.ie
- National Suicide Research Foundation. Web: www.nosp.ie
- Reach Out: gives information on stress, anxiety, bullying, depression and suicide. Web: www.reachout.com Email: email@example.com
- Samaritans: Callsave: 1850 609 090. LoCall Helpline 1890 301 320.
- Traveller Suicide Prevention, National Office. Tel. (01) 838 8874. Web: www.ptrav.ie Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turning The Tide on suicide (3Tís): 24/7 FreeFone 1800 247 100.
- Youth Suicide: Web: www.letsomeoneknow.ie
- Youth Suicide Prevention Ireland, Atrium Business Centre, Blackpool Retail Park, Blackpool, Cork City, aims to provide 24 hour access to trained counsellors for young people at risk of self-harm or suicide. Tel.(021) 242 7171; Fax (021) 238 0163. Dublin: 13 North King St., Dublin 7. Tel. (01) 524 0854Web: www.yspi.eu Email: email@example.com Text YOUTH to 087 773 0000 for an information pack to be sent to a mobile phone.
Suicide Prevention Helpline 24/7
Phone: FreeFone 1800 247 100
Suicide Research Foundation, National
Population Health Directorate
Health Service Executive
Dr Steeven’s Hospital
Phone: (01)635 2139
Suicidology, Irish Association of
Serpentine Business Centre, PO Box 11634, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
Phone: (01) 667 4900
a forum for all individuals and voluntary groups involved in any aspect of suicidology for the exchange of knowledge gained from differing perspectives and experiences.
Youth Suicide Prevention Service Ireland
Atrium Business Centre, Blackpool Retail Park, Blackpool, Cork City
Phone: (021) 242 7171
aims to provide 24 hour access to trained counsellors for young people at risk of self-harm or suicide. Text YOUTH to 087 773 0000 for an information pack to be sent to your mobile phone.